*See also below for the full list of safety procedures implemented here at Active Life.
Cook County Healthcare, Essential Worker, Resident COVID-19 Vaccination SIGN UP
As of 1/25/21, the Cook County Health Department NO longer has a survey for the vaccine, but rather a SIGN UP website (see link below). From what we can deduce from limited facts, we believe that anyone that signed up for the survey through Cook County will receive an email from them and a link to the NEW COVID-19 vaccine website below. Our understanding is that you will ALSO have to fill out this sign up form on the NEW website listed below. Please use the link they provided in your email or the one below to SIGN UP for the COVID-19 vaccine:
We are doing our best to keep you updated, but our process for vaccination sign up was completely different as an organization than yours as an individual. If your group (e.g. 1b) is one that the county is scheduling for appointments for the vaccine, you may be asked to schedule that at the end of this initial sign up form. Please know that if there are no appointments available, to keep checking back. We are not sure if the Cook County Health Department (CCDPH) will contact you again via email with a new link to schedule so keep checking your emails as well.
This information is what we experienced as an organization getting the vaccine. Unfortunately, we do not have any information on how individual visits will go. Here is what we found out after our 1st shot. Please be aware that your situation may be different as this is an ever- changing situation.
After the first shot, some people have been able to schedule their second shot during their first appointment. However, you may have to schedule your 2nd shot online as well if they aren't scheduling at your facility for the 2nd dose. We found that waiting for an email from the CCDPH to schedule that appointment was the easiest way to schedule this 2nd shot. We received emails from "Luma Health" with the subject being "An update from your doctor". This email provided us a link to schedule our 2nd shot and was much easier than going through any other site to schedule. CCDPH may change this, but we wanted to make you aware of this email since most of us deleted it or it went to our spam/junk folders.
Scheduling a date for the 2nd appointment (info given from CCDPH):
Pfizer vaccine: The minimum time between the 1st and 2nd dose for Pfizer vaccine is 17 days. The maximum recommended time from the 1st dose is 6 weeks (42 days)
Moderna vaccine: The minimum time between the 1st and 2nd dose for Moderna is 24 days.
Resources & Helpful Links:
Here is the latest check in with Dr. Engel as of 3/8/2021
We are open! Watch as Dr. Engel explains our newest safety procedures as of 11/16/2020.
Take an office tour with Dr. Engel to see the COVID precautions implemented as of 5/28/2020.
- All patients will wait in their car until we call them to enter the building.
- Only the patient is allowed to enter the office. No family members or siblings are allowed.
- Temperature checks & strict screening for every patient and staff member are required before entering in the main office.
- One way traffic flow for patients with a separate entrance & exit for patients.
- Masks are required for all patients during their entire treatment.
- Staff members will wear 2 masks and a face shield when treating and checking in patients.
- Dr. Engel and Sarah, our massage therapist, will wear PPE when treating patients to protect their scrubs so that they don't cross-contaminate. If Sarah is not wearing PPE for the massage, she will change her scrubs after each patient.
- We ask any patient that is feeling under the weather to call and reschedule his/her/their visit.
- HEPA air filtration system has been put in every room. This system filters out 250 square feet every 15 minutes.
- Every surface that a patient touches, or that Dr. Engel or Sarah touches, is disinfected after a patient's treatment. This includes, but is not limited to, the chiropractic table, the massage table, the chairs in the rooms, the main door, door knobs, front desk counters, credit card pin pad and the bathroom. We also have removed all magazines, pamphlets, etc. that cannot be disinfected. Pens have been removed and will be available and then sanitized after use. We will use individual sign in sheets for each patient as we have done in the past. We have hired additional staff to help with this cleaning.
- Social distancing is enforced.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- We advocate strict hand washing protocols with soap for at least 20 seconds for all patients and staff.
- Linens and gowns are provided by MedClean. This medical linen facility is a company that is accredited with The Healthcare Laundry Accreditation Council (HLAC). HLAC Accreditation Standards have been developed based on federal regulations and guidelines as well as best industry practices.
We will continue to update and improve on these procedures as needed in order to keep all patients & staff safe.