*See also below for the full list of safety procedures implemented here at Active Life.
We are open! Watch as Dr. Engel explains our newest safety procedures as of 11/16/2020.
Take an office tour with Dr. Engel to see the COVID precautions implemented as of 5/28/2020.
- All patients will wait in their car until we call them to enter the building.
- Only the patient is allowed to enter the office. No family members or siblings are allowed.
- Temperature checks & strict screening for every patient and staff member are required before entering in the main office.
- One way traffic flow for patients with a separate entrance & exit for patients.
- Masks are required for all patients during their entire treatment.
- Staff members will wear 2 masks and a face shield when treating and checking in patients.
- Dr. Engel and Sarah, our massage therapist, will wear PPE when treating patients to protect their scrubs so that they don't cross-contaminate. If Sarah is not wearing PPE for the massage, she will change her scrubs after each patient.
- We ask any patient that is feeling under the weather to call and reschedule his/her/their visit.
- HEPA air filtration system has been put in every room. This system filters out 250 square feet every 15 minutes.
- Every surface that a patient touches, or that Dr. Engel or Sarah touches, is disinfected after a patient's treatment. This includes, but is not limited to, the chiropractic table, the massage table, the chairs in the rooms, the main door, door knobs, front desk counters, credit card pin pad and the bathroom. We also have removed all magazines, pamphlets, etc. that cannot be disinfected. Pens have been removed and will be available and then sanitized after use. We will use individual sign in sheets for each patient as we have done in the past. We have hired additional staff to help with this cleaning.
- Social distancing is enforced.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- We advocate strict hand washing protocols with soap for at least 20 seconds for all patients and staff.
- Linens and gowns are provided by MedClean. This medical linen facility is a company that is accredited with The Healthcare Laundry Accreditation Council (HLAC). HLAC Accreditation Standards have been developed based on federal regulations and guidelines as well as best industry practices.
We will continue to update and improve on these procedures as needed in order to keep all patients & staff safe.